Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Hello and help. Story with similar x axis charts question

I have created a story with many pages. Each page has a bar chart with an identical x axis but differing concepts on the y axis. Is there a way for me to select values on the x axis and they be represented throughout the entire story from the first page instead of having to manually click my selected fields for each page of the story?

Thank You,

Jack

3 Replies
its_anandrjs

Hi,

Try to create the linked objects of one object and use the object in different sheets if any change you done in the object it will change in all objects which is linked.

Hope this helps

Regards

Anand

Not applicable
Author

Hi Anand

I am not quite sure I follow.

When in sheet mode and I select the values of the x-axis  the selections carry on through every sheet. This is perfect and I want this to be the same in the story

In story mode and I make the same selections they reset for each page in the story.

I have no idea how to link each bar chart to the dimension table I have set up on the first page.

Would I need to create a master field and have an expression that says use these selections for every page in the story?

Jack

Not applicable
Author

Hi Anand,

Let me clarify that I have only uploaded one table in the form of an excel spreadsheet into Qliksense so all the data is linked.

I am trying to understand your comment fully. so here goes.

Try to create the linked objects (the bar charts) of one object (the drop down list for the x axis on the bar charts) and use the object (the drop down list) in different sheets if any change you done in the object it will change in all the objects it is linked.

The issue is not linking the objects since all the objects come from the same data, they are inherently linked.

The issue is that the selections I make in sheet mode are represented in every sheet regardless of which sheet I made the selections on, whereas in story mode (the pages of the story are identical to the sheets) I make selections on the first page of the story and when I go to the next page of the story the selections have reset themselves.

It is infuriating to have the ability to "sticky" selections in sheet mode and not be able to "sticky" selections in story mode.

Is this an oversight in the development of Qlik Sense?

Yours,

Jack