Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
delmak2000
Creator
Creator

Help! Installing QlikSense Desktop Error

Hi,

Don't seem to get why installing QlikSense never comes easy for me, having worked with QlikView a lot.

I'm trying to install QlikSense on a new machine that has QlikView Client and QlikView Server installed on it.

I have also searched through the forum to find resolutions all I have tried but still failed. From running the installation by Administrator, changing the registry path, even removed the pc machine from the domain....all the same.

It's really frustrating!!!

Pls help.

Thanks

Find attached the installation log files

10 Replies
martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hello,

is on your machine Windows Server installed? You can't install Sense Deskop on Windows Server, only on Windows 7 or 8(.1)

Don't compare Qlik Sense with QlikView. For Qlik Sense you don't need a Desktop installation to edit application. Everything can be done on server by browser.

I'm working with QlikView for 10 years, Qlik Sense is also new for me. But another product.

Regards

delmak2000
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello Martin,

No my PC machine isn't running a server OS...it's actually on windows 10 pro.

And I did come across some post as regarding installing QS desktop on a server.

Pls can the Qlik support help look into the logs because I have tried all the necessary suggestion on the qlik community as regarding such cases of installation failure.

Thanks

Ricardo_Gerhard
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Try to remove all Qlikview Products, reboot server and try install Qlik Sense again.

I always install .Net Framework before Qlik Sense install.

Regards

Ricardo Gerhard
OEM Solution Architect
LATAM
martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Windows 10 isn't supported yet (see system requirements here

Installing Qlik Sense Desktop ‒ Qlik Sense

).

martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

in Log you find

Failed to install MSI package.

What size is your install file?

delmak2000
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello Martin,

Wow... Never really struck me to confirm the window OS type...though I had installed on machine previously runing windows 8.1 before upgrading the machine to windows 10. This would be the first time of trying to install directly on a windows 10 platform.

But does it really mean Qlik sense desktop wouldn't work on the windows 10 OS platform?

Pls can anyone confirm from qlik or will be there be upgrades version of QlilSense?

Thanks again Martin.

delmak2000
Creator
Creator
Author

The install file is 204mb...

Any thoughts???

martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

For me, Sense Desktop Setup file (Version 2.2), built 37 is 205 MB (209,784 KB) Can you re-download the setup file

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Ayodele,

Reboot the system and try installing. This should fix your issue.

Thanks,

Sangram.