Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

If you’re new to Qlik Sense, start with this Discussion Board and get up-to-speed quickly.

Announcements
QlikWorld 2022, LIVE in Denver CO., May 16-19, 2022. REGISTER NOW TO RECEIVE EARLY BIRD PRICING
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
msludo
Contributor III
Contributor III

Help! Security Rules

Hi!!!

I have the following need regarding the creation of security rules on QlikSense:

I created three streams: one for Management and two for Subordinate Sectors.

A security rule has been created to allow Sector 1 apps to be accessed only by Sector 1 and Management users. Another rule has been created for Sector 2 apps to be accessed only by Sector 2 and Management users.
It's a third rule for management apps to be accessed by management and Sector 1 and Sector 2 users.

I need to create another rule in which certain apps are placed in the Management stream and accessed only by Management users.

How can I solve this? I watched a video that explains about custom properties and, as I understood it, I didn't see applicability in this scenario.

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

I'm not sure what you're trying to do. Apps are published by users, not by rules.

If you have a Management stream and only management users should have access to the apps in the stream then only give those management users access to that Management stream.

If you're asking for something else, please explain in more detail what you're trying to do.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
msludo
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi!

Sorry if i wasn't clear. 

There are 3 streams: Management, Sector 1 and Sector 2.

There are 3 groups of users, defined in Active Directory: Management, Sector 1 and Sector 2.

I created a rule for Stream Sector1 as you can see in the figure Rule for Stream Sector1.jpg. All apps published in that stream can be accessed by groups Sector 1 and Management. 

Another rule was created for Stream Sector2 as you can see in the figure Rule for Stream Sector2.jpg. All apps published in that stream can be accessed by groups Sector 2 and Management. 

A third rule was created for Stream Management as you can see in the figure Rule for Stream Management.jpg. All apps published in that stream can be accessed by groups Sector 1, Sector 2 and Management. 

My difficulty is to define another rule to allow some apps to be accessed by only Management group of users. I don't want create another Stream. I think I can solve this by security rule, or am I wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Yes, you can solve this with security rules. But using an extra stream for that apps that only management should see is far easier to set up.

For the security rules solution see this video:

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand