Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
william_fu
Creator II
Creator II

Help solving a loop in my data model

Here's a simplified version of the data model I'm trying to solve:

Datamoodel.png

Line requests are originated by a certain vendor.

The line requests are linked to the credit lines, and sales are then generated upon the lines.

However, the sales data is also related to the vendor, and that vendor is not necessarily the same vendor as the one that generated the original credit line request.

So I might want to measure how many credit lines a vendor originated and what was that vendor's sales volume. However, that vendor's sales volume can be related to credit lines originated by another vendor.

I tried concatenating LineRequest and Sales, but then I lose one of the relationships to CreditLine.

Any ideas to solve this model while maintaining the logic required?

Labels (1)
2 Replies
Jacek
Educator-Ambassador
Educator-Ambassador

Maybe you should consider joining one table into the other, i.e. LineRequest + CreditLine. You know better data model, just try with the same level of data or if we don't have values to sum then granularity would be not an issue - just join tables even if we have some duplicates in IDs.

kaanerisen
Creator III
Creator III

Hi williamfuu,

How about duplicating the vendor table and use one for sales and use other one for LineRequests.

Untitled.png

With a model like that, you can trace Sales Vendor and CreditVendor even they are not same.