Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michael_anywar
Creator
Creator

Help with Date filter

I would like to have a date filter that provides date ranges. so somebody can enter in the first filter the start year and the next the other other year that is to be compared. Really would appreciate that. The Date picker extension is not available  in qlik sense cloud so i cant use it. But will highly appreciate.

Screen Shot 2018-05-15 at 17.01.27.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OmarBenSalem

in ur script;

Create 2 new tables as follow:

IslandTable1:

load

year as StartYear

resident YourTable; //the table that contains the year field

IslandTable2:

load

year as EndYear

resident YourTable

Now in your sheet, put the 2 new fields as filter and change the expression of ur chart from:

sum(YourMeasure)

to

sum({<year={">=$(=min(StartYear))<=$(=max(EndYear))"}>}YearMeasure)

View solution in original post

11 Replies
michael_anywar
Creator
Creator
Author

Data just has year cell . No calendar values.

michael_anywar
Creator
Creator
Author

Let me check it out.. Thanks

michael_anywar
Creator
Creator
Author

I don't know but I cant really figure out how to start creating a data island or sort.. This is what the script is looking like. will really appreciate some extra guideance. The alternative tstate,, i tried looking through it and failing to undertsand it well    ‍♂️

Screen Shot 2018-05-15 at 17.14.32.png

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

did you open the QVF example attached on the topic and take a look at the script and expressions to see how it works ?

OmarBenSalem

in ur script;

Create 2 new tables as follow:

IslandTable1:

load

year as StartYear

resident YourTable; //the table that contains the year field

IslandTable2:

load

year as EndYear

resident YourTable

Now in your sheet, put the 2 new fields as filter and change the expression of ur chart from:

sum(YourMeasure)

to

sum({<year={">=$(=min(StartYear))<=$(=max(EndYear))"}>}YearMeasure)

michael_anywar
Creator
Creator
Author

I could not open the file neither convert it as am using cloud..and can't convert from QVF to QVD.

michael_anywar
Creator
Creator
Author

This is it and it works: sum({<Year={">=$(=min(StartYear))<=$(=max(EndYear))"}>}[Population, total])).  Thanks a lot.

So just another one..

Am still on a learning curve in a away. I would like the Avg Population( KPI) showing on the map as values or shades..just to have some values on the map for each country unless i zoom in on a specific country...  I only have Area Layer and Point Layer. Unfortunately Point layer is not working as I get some errors ..of some points missing..on the map .Any suggestions..?

Screen Shot 2018-05-16 at 10.00.29.png

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Hi,

if you have some points missing it means that the coordinate of these points are missing or wrong in your table.. try to list the missing points and try to know what are the countries linked to these points, maybe they are not correctly written on your table ?

are the coordinates already stored in the loaded table or you're geo mapping the countries using Qlik ?