Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

artempotsuray
New Contributor

Help with GetSelectedCount

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to use the GetSelectedCount() function in the 'calculation condition' of my table. I want my table to display the gage info when a GAGE_SN is selected. However in my sheet I am filtering for specific gages from my data set using the current function:

=If(CRIB_NUMBER='CAB00-OR', GAGE_SN)

because I am using a calculated field, the GetSelectedCount(If(CRIB_NUMBER='CAB00-OR', GAGE_SN)) is not working when I make a selection of a gage. Is there a way to use an equation withing the GetSelectedCount() function?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Artem Potsuray

7 Replies

Re: Help with GetSelectedCount

Perhaps count(distinct GAGE_SN)=1 works too as calculation condition.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
undergrinder
Valued Contributor II

Hi Artem,

I don't know exatly what contains the field GAGE_SN but try this:

=getSeletedCount(GAGE_SN)>0

I don't think this function work with other argument than fieldname, but you can try also the extended version of your expression: =GetSelectedCount(If(CRIB_NUMBER='CAB00-OR', GAGE_SN))>0

G.

kandkurte_ram_j
New Contributor

Hi Artem,

getselectedcount() takes fieldname as input.

Have you tried using GetSelectedCount(GAGE_SN) instead? I think this should work even if your list of GAGE_SN is derived using above formula.

Thanks

Ram

artempotsuray
New Contributor

I tried that and it works but I am trying to make the selection column to be the calculated field =If(CRIB_NUMBER='CAB00-OR', GAGE_SN).

here's what my table looks like:

GAGE_SN.PNG

As you can see I have two columns with the same information. I am using the first column to only show the gages I am concerned with. That being said I cannot get rid of it. In my second table I wish to show the gage info when a gage is selected by the user. However because the first column is a calculated field when I try using a function in the data handling portion of my table I need to use an actual field such as GAGE_SN. I am trying to get rid of the the second column and find a way to be able to use the calculated field in data handling. Is this possible?

artempotsuray
New Contributor

This is a long shot but is there a way to use a label name instead of a field name when using getselectedcount?

Or is there by an chance any other functions that I would be able to use instead of getselectedcount that could use an arguement name?

undergrinder
Valued Contributor II

I afraid there is no such a function, which can use a label instead of fieldname.

undergrinder
Valued Contributor II

So you want a list of gages and a table with details right?

i suggest you to make a filterpane with gages (or any other object, where you can filter the dimension) and distinctly a table with the calculation condition, with getselectedcount(Gage_sn)=1 or the Gysbert's suggesion.

Am I miss somehing?

G.