Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
martin_hamilton
Creator
Creator

Help with bar chart sizing in QlikSense!

Hi I have a bar chart which renders just fine but when it is streched across the width of the page it doesnt expand the bars across.

barchartsquashed.PNG

Is there a way to make it spread out the bars based on the size of the data set??

I think I may have to go down the extension route but wanted to check.

Any help appreciated.

thanks

Martin

6 Replies
devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi,

have u tried to set the min and max limit of the bar chart and also u can try with Scale type as Narrow option.

Capture.JPG

if it's not working, better share the mock data and expected output in excel format.

Thanks,

Deva

OmarBenSalem

You just can't.

The only way is to make ur bars horizantal in the presentation bar; but that's not always a things to do (depends on the analysis u want to make)

martin_hamilton
Creator
Creator
Author

Yeah have tried but no luck, i will work around it for now.

Thanks

martin_hamilton
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks - I have had to do that for now.

pablolabbe
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others

SaintJordi
Contributor
Contributor

If you're using a barchart, you can make it fit in a max number of bars in the appearance section under the "Number of maximum Axis Values"

Appearance > X-Axis > Number of maximum Axis Values > Custom > Maximum Number

SaintJordi_1-1589292862573.png