Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Help with steps to create Map of Nigeria (Africa) to Interact with Sales Data

Hello,

Please can someone help me on steps to create a map of Nigeria that can interact with my Sales Data by Product and by Channel Dimension.

I really need an urgent answer please. Thank you

17 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Geographic Heat Map Visualization

The above may help if, you will have to change USA to africa in the expressions and such but it should help

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Jennifer,

• Just to add on to this - do you need the actual MAP KML - similiar to what is used in the Ploygon map example?
  • Are you OK with using the Point Map example which will serve the maps from one of the Slippy Map tile server providers?

Please let us know and we can do our best to assist.

Please mark the appropriate replies as helpful / correct so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
fred_s
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Jennifer,

http://www.mapmakerdata.co.uk.s3-website-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/library/stacks/Africa/Nigeria/index... 

offers Nigeria maps for example in KMZ format.

http://www.mapsdata.co.uk/online-file-converter/

offers KMZ to KML conversion

If you create a Nigeria.KML, you can create a new 'map' chart in Qlik Sense and drop this KML file on the map to load the KML data as Dimension (after reloading your data).

Next you create your expressions like a sum of Sales.

BR,

Fred

Not applicable
Author

Hi Michael,

Yes i need the actual map of Nigeria. Here is what i am trying to achieve

I have products i sell across the states in Nigeria, i have created a bar chart by product, by channel, and by month. Now i want to create a map of Nigeria (showing all the states) that can interact with these charts i created.

Take for a example on the map i click a state called Lagos, it shows me on the 3 charts i created the types product sold, which channel it was sold and month it was sold.

I hope i have been able to break it down for you to assist.

Awaiting for your swift response.

Thank you.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Fred,

Thank you for your link.

I got a KMZ file from the first link you sent to me and tried converting it to KML but it says "

You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied."

Please i am very new to qlik. Can you guide me? I will appreacite if you can assist me in creating this map and make it interact with my sales data bar chart.

Awaiting for your response.

fred_s
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Jennifer,

Does your customer records contain a field "State" and do you have a value "Lagos" in it?

Could you send me an example of your customers (the way you use them in Qlik Sense)?

Names, address, Sales etc are not important, you can change them, but we need to know 

the relation between the map and your customers.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Fred,

Find attached customers  data.

Thank you.

fred_s
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Perfect!

I'm at work now but I'll get back to you as soon as possible.