Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I need to analize two or more Word Files using Qlik. Is that possible?

Hi, I need to analize two or more Word Files using Qlik. Is that possible? In Exact, I need to find same sure names in two or more Word Documents being analized

3 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Why do you want to use Qlik for this?

I don't think that's the right tool for your requirement and that it's easily doable.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Stefan:

What tool do you suggest me to use?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

If you know the names to search already, you can use a search tool (like provided in Windows OS, there is an option to search in the content) to search in the content of your word documents.

If you don't know the names, you can extract a word list from each document (for example, using python or a tool build on that like TextSTAT). The tool like TextSTAT might already give you the answer needed.

There are lot more tools (for example, some document management systems allow full text search & analysis in all documents).

If you need more complex analysis, you can then import the word list(s) (basically a table with one column, one for each document) e.g. into Qlik and create a table with two columns (word and source).

You can then for example show which word appears in which document.

You will probably find better and more answers to your specific requirement in a forum specific to Word / Office documents or text analysis (which is in general unstructured data, while Qlik only works really good on structured data, hence the need to create a word list).