Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Hide Script OR Lock Script OR Encrypt Script - Qlik Sense Desktop

Qlik Sense Desktop

In Qlik Sense Server allow us to define security rule. For the moment we use Qlik Sense Desktop only. We don't want anyone see our script when copy QVF over. Anyone have any idea how to hide/lock/encrypt script?

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Here is a cowboy suggestion :

• Make a copy of the QVF
  • Delete all the script tabs
  • Then give this copy out

[You won't be able to reload the copy without the script though - but quite likely you don't need to]

Not applicable
Author

bill.markham‌ thank for the input. I would allow user to reload the data. Hope Qlik add this feature in new release.

Not applicable
Author

Hi folk, basically I want to send QVF file to the user and let them enjoy the dashboard in desktop version. At this point of time, user should be able:

1. Refresh the data when they wanted
  2. Utilize Qlik Sense features (self-service, story,...)

After we landed and user enjoy with Qlik Sense, we will convince user go with server license. Sound like train user what is Qlik Sense, how to use,...and close the deal.

The only thing that I need is

1. To prevent user change the script (like Create Hidden Script in QlikView)
  2. And lock objects (like Allow Move/Size in QlikView)

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Maybe approach Qlik Sales or a Qlik Partner, they can often be amenable to supplying a trial Qlik Sense server licence, if they feel it will help secure a sale.

Having a trial Server licence will also help you to evaluate the server side parts of the Qlik Sense product, as well as the End User experience.

Another thought though, have you looked at the Qlik Cloud ? 

I used it during our evaluation process and it allowed me spin up a Qlik Sense app on it & share it to 5 users via the web - albeit very manual and no end user reloads.  But I also span up a freebie web server on the Google cloud, knocked up a basic web site and embedded into it an iframe from the Qlik Cloud.  Then I also embedded in this freebie web site an iframe from a weather web site alongside the Qlik iframe which impressed people as weather affactes our operations.  Admittedly this was all a bit of manual toy, but I quite enjoyed it and it impressed those with the cheque book and loosened their wallets.

This was a couple of years ago - so no doubt the freebie Qlik Cloud has changed, but I doubt it has gone backwards.

I also knocked a basic mashup on my laptop with Qlik Sense Desktop - those with the cheque books loved that, especially as I done it with the Bootstrap framework to adapt responsively to different screen resolutions, so with the Chrome debugger I could emulate it running in iPhone mode with it auto adjusting responsively to the limited screen real estate of a smart phone.

Shame in a way that they were impressed and bought it, as I was quite enjoying spinning up freebie things and and learning how everything worked.

P.s. Maybe just ask them not to fiddle with the script and viz objects, but thereagain they may be incorrigible fiddlers, like me, who just cannot resist.  But if they do fiddle and break things, you can just give them another virgin unbroken copy.

rittermd
Master
Master

It sounds like what you are trying to do is get the benefits of QS Enterprise but get to use QS Desktop for free.

I get why you would want to do that.  But I don't think that you can.  There are no security rules in Desktop.  If the user has the qvf they can do and see whatever they want.