Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Hide the script

Hi Qlikers,

Since hidden script is not supported in qliksense, how can u hide/disable the script to prevent other users from

seeing the script in the app.

Regards

Palesa

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Palesa - do you mean for Qlik Sense Desktop or Qlik Sense Server?

As you may know - Desktop - does not have this capability - as it is not considered a required part of the Qlik Sense Development process since all Development can be done with the Server version and a Web Browser. This is for more personal and individual business user type use.

If you mean Server, then Gysbert's suggestions is on the right track - you control various permissions to resources through the use of security rules defined in the QMC. Though there isn't a specific rule to control access or actions to pieces of the client interface (hub, buttons, data load editor) you can control who views, creates content and resources. So in your case - a published Qlik Sense App to a Stream - WOULD NOT HAVE the Data Load Editor exposed, therefore hiding the script dialog from them. Only ROLES such as RootAdmin, ContentAdmin - can see the script editor ONLY when the app is in the My Work Stream for that user. You can also create custom roles  along with custom security rules.

Let us know if you have any more questions and we will be happy to answer.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik

View solution in original post

14 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

I think you'll have to use security rules for that: QMC_Resources_Rules_Overview. Perhaps making your user a consumer would be do the trick: Security rules example: Applying Qlik Sense access rights for user types

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Palesa - do you mean for Qlik Sense Desktop or Qlik Sense Server?

As you may know - Desktop - does not have this capability - as it is not considered a required part of the Qlik Sense Development process since all Development can be done with the Server version and a Web Browser. This is for more personal and individual business user type use.

If you mean Server, then Gysbert's suggestions is on the right track - you control various permissions to resources through the use of security rules defined in the QMC. Though there isn't a specific rule to control access or actions to pieces of the client interface (hub, buttons, data load editor) you can control who views, creates content and resources. So in your case - a published Qlik Sense App to a Stream - WOULD NOT HAVE the Data Load Editor exposed, therefore hiding the script dialog from them. Only ROLES such as RootAdmin, ContentAdmin - can see the script editor ONLY when the app is in the My Work Stream for that user. You can also create custom roles  along with custom security rules.

Let us know if you have any more questions and we will be happy to answer.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Hi Mike,

I actually meant the qliksense desktop version. So since well this is not currently supported in this version will it perhaps be available in the next version of qliksense desktop ?

Also is the qliksense platform/server also free to use with no licensing?

Regards

Palesa

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Palesa,

I will submit your suggestion to the R&D team, however - since the security rules implementation handles this sort of thing with the Server product, I honestly don't see this being added to the Desktop product. The Free Qlik Sense Desktop is technically licensed for individual / personal business use as a Data Visualization tool use and not as a tool for sharing secure apps within work groups. The Server / Platform is NOT free BUT it is affordable as it is uses a Token Licensing method - where you only pay for the number of tokens you need. This licensing approach is ouch better than traditional server based pricing for numerous reasons. If you don't mind, I may have an account rep contact you witm more information.

Kind Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Tarallo,

Supose i'm in a developer company and i don't want to share my script to the Client. the client have an admin account with rights on the server. how do i hide my script?

Regards

Ricardo

sergiorey
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Ricardo,

Did you get any replies on this?

Thanks!

Regards,

Sergio.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Qlik does not seem to have this option

sergiorey
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Ok, Thanks Ricardo.

mrossoit
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Gysbert, could you fix links you posted in your comment? This information is very important for me in this moment.

Thank you very much.

Massimiliano Rosso