Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hiding Column in the Table View.

Hi,

I Have created a table view in the report, where i need to hide one column in the report?

Do we have any option to hide a column in the table view / any custom code available for that.

Thanks,

Rams.

8 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Maybe this extension listed on Qlik Branch can be of help to you:

Qlik Sense Pivot Madness:  Qlik Branch

or this one that is free up to 5 users and has a license cost and support for more users:

Vizlib Table for Qlik Sense

Ralf_Heukäufer
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hello Ramesh,

can you please descripe your use case more exactly.

Table structure?

Should it hide by a filter selection or the whole time?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ralf, Thanks for the Reply.

I have a table view created with 3 Columns (ProductID,Product Name,Sales) as below.

productID     ProductName     Sales

00001          Soft Bread          $21,334

00002          Wheat Bread      $17,879

00003          Milk Bread          $14,890

Where i want to hide the column (productID) in the Dashboard and the output should be like below.

ProductName     Sales

Soft Bread          $21,334

Wheat Bread      $17,879

Milk Bread          $14,890

Ralf_Heukäufer
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Ok,

I think a complete hide is not possible at the moment.

You have two options:

1. You can make the content invisible by setting the textcolor to white()

and the header expression to something like that - or '

2. You can use a extension like this:

http://branch.qlik.com/?&_ga=2.232396060.2055474185.1511332473-753615723.1511332473#!/project/57cd3f...

but i think the second option doesn´t solve your problem because the ID is your Dimension and you must have a Dimension to use this extension

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Ralf, Thanks for the inputs.

First option is also not working, as it displaying blank values to the first field with the field heading.

I dont want that column to show as nulls in the report, just want to hide it.

Thanks

Ralf_Heukäufer
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

If only no one should see it in the first view you can change the order of your visualisations dimensions and measures and set the id at last.

In the next step you can change the column with so that noone can see the id without changing the view.

Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

Hi,

I am not sure if i am just over simplfing this, but can you not just remove the product ID column. I am assuming the Product ID and Product Name has a one to one relationship?

If not like people have suggested extension or White text a . for the Column name.

Mark

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Mark, Actually Whatever the column I need to hide I'm using some rank and set analysis and based on that I'm getting some text information from the different table. So Where I don't want to show the Rank column into it but need to show the text information.