Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JamGardner
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hiding a measure in Drill downs

Hi all, 

I have a pivot table where I have used a "Drill Down" master Dimension to allow the audience to go down the levels to view performance, however for the lowest level I wish for some of the measures to be hidden (as these do not work at the lowest level). 

I hoped I could use the "Calculation Condition" to achieve this but I am struggling with a formula that will do this. I have tried a few of the "get" type formulas but nothing appears to work in the drill down, it either hides it completely or not at all. 

I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi, It's simple, you just need to understand the way the drill-down works.

Let's understand that with an example where you have a drill like 

Customer->ProductGroup->Product

and Sales and Budget as Expression.

So when you select one Customer it will show Product Group and same if you select one Product Group it will show Product-wise details.

This answers your question, i.e. if you don't want to show Budget when it is the last level of Drill, i.e. Product in this example, then you should have the calculation condition built on ProductGroup like below.

=If(Getselectedcount(ProductGroup)>=1,0,1)

This means if the selection is made in ProductGroup then do not show the Budget Column.

Hope this helps.

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi, It's simple, you just need to understand the way the drill-down works.

Let's understand that with an example where you have a drill like 

Customer->ProductGroup->Product

and Sales and Budget as Expression.

So when you select one Customer it will show Product Group and same if you select one Product Group it will show Product-wise details.

This answers your question, i.e. if you don't want to show Budget when it is the last level of Drill, i.e. Product in this example, then you should have the calculation condition built on ProductGroup like below.

=If(Getselectedcount(ProductGroup)>=1,0,1)

This means if the selection is made in ProductGroup then do not show the Budget Column.

Hope this helps.

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
JamGardner
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Amazing, thank you!