Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NewToQlik
Creator
Creator

Hiding bar chart measure

Hi all,

Capture.PNG
I have a barchart, where there are 8 measures. The measures will be shown when users select a corresponding filter for each measure. I want to hide the measure completely, instead of showing '-' and the empty colors in the legend.

I was able to do it in a table with the 'Show column if' property. Is there something similar for the bar chart? Thanks for the help.

Labels (2)
6 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Nope, that options is not yet available for bar charts. You could try using a synthetic dimension using the valuelist function and one expression:

Dimension: =ValueList('SumOfA', 'SumOfB', 'SumOfC')
Expression: =Pick(Match(ValueList('SumOfA', 'SumOfB', 'SumOfC'), 'SumOfA', 'SumOfB', 'SumOfC'), sum(A), sum(B), sum(C))

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anil_Babu_Samineni

I can suggest to create island table and associate to Measure which applicable auto associate to Entire model

Else, I can think to drag using Load statement with flag and doing concatenate.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
NewToQlik
Creator
Creator
Author

Using the valuelist() method, will I be able to use 'Gender' as a dimension?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

You can use, But Valuelist() always will show static which is not associate to Model. You don't like my option to showcase?

That means, For gender dimension Each row will produce three rows from ValueList()

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
NewToQlik
Creator
Creator
Author

Can I take a look at an example so that I can understand better?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Can you please post sample application