cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yvonne-c
Creator
Creator

Highlight selected fields in bar chart and filter groups

I am trying to create a benchmarking summary sheet.  It will contain the same base chart a few times over.

I want to select the client from a drop down box and then all the charts to update based on the client, without having to use any other filter boxes.

Currently when I select the client, all the other clients disappear and just the selected client is left on each of the charts.  I did manage to keep their IDs along the axis, but only the value for the selected client appears.   What I would like is that the chart stays the same but highlights the selected client instead of singling him out.  Is this possible?

Secondly, the other charts on the page need to be filtered by different fields, based on the farm selected.

So a client could either be in group A or group B

If the selected client was in group B - I only want to compare with all the other group Bs.

Hope that all makes sense, any help appreciated!

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

See this blog post: Line Chart tricks: Displaying what's important.

Note, this is not limited to line charts. It works just as well for other chart types and straight and pivot tables.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

See this blog post: Line Chart tricks: Displaying what's important.

Note, this is not limited to line charts. It works just as well for other chart types and straight and pivot tables.

yvonne-c
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks, this works fine on a test chart I did      sum({<ReferredTo=, [ReferredTo]=>} Price)

But in my other charts my expressions are quite long and I cant seem to get it right!

Any advice on where I would put the 'referred to' selection in here?

Sum({<[Target Weight]={600}>}Aggr(Sum(Quantity)/[Calculated Cow Course]/NumCows,Product,ReferredTo))

Gysbert_Wassenaar

You have to put your 'referred to' selection in each aggregation function in the expression, including the implicit ones that you will have to make explicit using the only() function. Try this one:

Sum({<ReferredTo=,[Target Weight]={600}>}Aggr(Sum({<ReferredTo=>}Quantity)/only({<ReferredTo=>}[Calculated Cow Course])/only({<ReferredTo=>}NumCows),Product,ReferredTo))

yvonne-c
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you so much, that works

yvonne-c
Creator
Creator
Author

I am trying to create another chart where the selected client is highlighted in a bar chart

My bar chart uses the following expression, are you able to help with adding the 'referred to' selection to the correct places?

Thank you

FirstSortedValue(Aggr(Count({<Score={'2','3'}>}Head)/Count (Head),Farm ,Date ),- Aggr(max(Date),Date))

Gysbert_Wassenaar

I've highlighted the aggregation functions in your expression below. Add the referred to selection to each of them.

FirstSortedValue(

Aggr(

Count({<Score={'2','3'}>}Head) / Count(Head)

,Farm ,Date )

,- Aggr(

max(Date)

,Date)

)

yvonne-c
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks, I'd just missed the first one!