Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
guventum
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Horizontal Area Line Chart

Hi guys,

I was wondering how to mak the area coloring in a line chart horizontal, like this:

Example 1.PNG

Example 2.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Guys - / Guven - here is an update on this for you:

It was possible until version 3.1, then it wasn’t possible until this February release (which will be out shortly) we added back due to popular demand.

What happened in 3.1 was that we added the ability to color by any measure which meant that we could no longer color from the top down, but rather from side to side. Not sure that makes sense, but it was a limitation we had to live with.

For the February release we’ve added the option in color by to color by currently used dimension/measure and using this setting you will then get back the gradient. The benefit of coloring by currently used dimension/measure is also that when a user has alternative data we can keep on coloring it by what dimension is being used. Like in a pie chart when you switch dimension we will also switch the dimension we color by.

ou could also say that we now have the option to color by “relative” data instead of “absolute”.

q.jpg

Hope this helps

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Regards,

Michael Tarallo (@mtarallo) | Twitter

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik

View solution in original post

8 Replies
jasonmomoa
Creator
Creator

Hi guventum‌,

Do you know if the images above are being produced by a Qlik Sense extension? I don't believe you can achieve that 'vertical gradient' color coding within the default color properties of a line area chart.

Regards,

OmarBenSalem

mto‌, if u have insights on how to do this; please share

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Let me find out

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
guventum
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

I got the example from this website : https://community.dynamics.com/nav/b/prismainformatikerpandbinewsroom/archive/2016/09/21/fast-and-si...

NR15_16_Geo_Auswertung_EN.png

To be honest, it does not look like an extension.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Guys - / Guven - here is an update on this for you:

It was possible until version 3.1, then it wasn’t possible until this February release (which will be out shortly) we added back due to popular demand.

What happened in 3.1 was that we added the ability to color by any measure which meant that we could no longer color from the top down, but rather from side to side. Not sure that makes sense, but it was a limitation we had to live with.

For the February release we’ve added the option in color by to color by currently used dimension/measure and using this setting you will then get back the gradient. The benefit of coloring by currently used dimension/measure is also that when a user has alternative data we can keep on coloring it by what dimension is being used. Like in a pie chart when you switch dimension we will also switch the dimension we color by.

ou could also say that we now have the option to color by “relative” data instead of “absolute”.

q.jpg

Hope this helps

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Regards,

Michael Tarallo (@mtarallo) | Twitter

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
jasonmomoa
Creator
Creator

Hi @mto,

Glad to see it back in the February release. Thanks for the heads up. Keep up the great work!

Xavi

guventum
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Wow, thanks! Nice work.

OmarBenSalem

I also thought it was possible in previous versions ! I think you've even done a video in the 2.x releases on such a thing!

Ps: I've tried it yesterday with the February preview release and wasn't able to do it.. have to recheck it by night once home!