Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How Charge an ACCESS database on Qlik

Hi,

Do you know how to connect an Acces database to Qlik creating an ODBC connexion ?

Thanks ,

Laure

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

I do  ! 

First go to the control panel in windows -> Administative Tools -> ODBC Connections

Create a new system DSN  (user DSN will allow only your current windows user to access it) and choose the microsoft access driver . Then browse to the access database you want to use.  You need microsoft access components installed on the machine to have the right driver.  The DSN will be created with a name of your choice remember that name.

Untitled.png

Once the DSN is created come back to Qlik Sense, open or create a new app.  Go to the 'Data Load Editor'.  On the right side create a new connection (Select ODBC) and enter the name you remember from above.  Thats about it.  Now you can select the 'check mark' under the ODBC connection on the right to select tables etc...

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

I do  ! 

First go to the control panel in windows -> Administative Tools -> ODBC Connections

Create a new system DSN  (user DSN will allow only your current windows user to access it) and choose the microsoft access driver . Then browse to the access database you want to use.  You need microsoft access components installed on the machine to have the right driver.  The DSN will be created with a name of your choice remember that name.

Untitled.png

Once the DSN is created come back to Qlik Sense, open or create a new app.  Go to the 'Data Load Editor'.  On the right side create a new connection (Select ODBC) and enter the name you remember from above.  Thats about it.  Now you can select the 'check mark' under the ODBC connection on the right to select tables etc...

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Jonathan

i get back to you if I have other problem!

Laure