Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How can I change the default colour of line chart in a Combo Chart (Qlik Sense)

Hi,

Hope you are all well, just a quick question about combo chart (sorry if its a silly Q, I am totally new to Qlik)

I am using Qlik Sense and I have created a combo chart with a stacked bar chart and two line charts.

The default colours for these line charts unfortunately looks the same and I couldn't find any way to change these default colours.

Please advise.

Many thanks in advance

Arun

7 Replies
ift_isabelle
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

You can set the colours by using an expression at the color and legend tab:

if(Variable = 'X',(0,0,0),

if(Variable = 'Y',(255,255,255))

But you have to define every line and bar and the legend won't be visible anymore..

simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

How did you manage to stack the bars in the native QS Combo Chart?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Martin,

I have done that by stacking my 7 measures (calculated the proportion of each by expression; which combinedly adds to 100%) . Please find  screenshot attached and as you can see QS by default assigned pretty much the same colour to the two lines which is not of much use if we can't change it. Hope this makes sense.

Thanks

Arun

Combo Chart Colours.png

simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

You would need to create your own theme to alter the colors - which is not too complicated, albeit not supported by Qlik, yet.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, Isabelle but there is no option to colour by expression in this case

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Martin, are the themes something we can add to the chart within QS itself?

simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Unfortunately no - themes are applied to the whole sheet.

Alternatively, if you have the skill & time, I would recommending using the below library to create an extension object for your use case:

http://c3js.org/