Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

Not applicable

How can I change the suggested relationships

Hi all,

I am new to Qlik Sense. My question is: How can I change the relationships suggested by the data assistent? The field combinations, suggested by the data assistent for the relationships doesn't make sense. I need to change them, but I can't find a possibility to do this.

Could you please help me?

Best regards from Germany

Markus

4 Replies
reddys310
Honored Contributor II

Re: How can I change the suggested relationships

Hi Marbbarb,

Just make sure the name of the fields YOU would like to link are the same

Example: you want to link a table A with column B having Customer and Customer ID as field names, QlikSense does not link these. To make these link to each other use this:

Load Customer as [Customer ID] from table A - doing this both the tables have the same Customer ID field and Hence link together and the associations work as expected.

Thanks and Regards,

Sangram Reddy.

Employee
Employee

Hello Markus - also check out these videos:

Available from this index: New to Qlik Sense Videos

and: Your Qlik Sense in 60

Let us know how you do.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable

Hi Sangram Reddy,

thank you for your answer. I have the problem that many fields have the same name, but it does not make sense to link them as QlikSense does. Do I have to rename the fields that should be not linked?

Best regards

Markus

reddys310
Honored Contributor II

Hi BarbBrab,

Yes absolutely, Apart from the field which have to be linked, everything else have to be renamed to be unique.

Community Browser