Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
syukyo_zhu
Creator III
Creator III

How can I connect to the Sense Repository PostgreSQL Database?

Hi,

I want to connect to the Sense Resository PostgreSQL Database by PGAdmin in the server Qlik sense.

Has anyone in the community already done this?

12 Replies
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

I am curious why you are trying to accomplish this. Doing this is something that is marginally supported so I do need some clarity on what the purpose of this.

If you want to see the data then you can use a PostgreSQL ODBC driver and connect to it as a data source.

simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

super easy to do - but as ltu suggested the chance of messing something up is huge and the benefit is minimal as you can do most of the updates/changes either manually via the QMC or programatically with the API

syukyo_zhu
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Martin

I’m agree with you. i don't amuse modify data in the repository data base.

In fact now I’am creating tags, stream, security rule etc in QMC on development environment etc. And I should recreate all of them on production. So I ask if  there is a easyer way to do it. For example can I export list of tag from repository A and then import them into repository B.

syukyo_zhu
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi levi,

I want to view all data base, par exemple  FK, trigger etc.

I want to find a esayer way to copy all configuration from a site to another site.

simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

You can create a database snapshot...

syukyo_zhu
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Did you have done that?

Did you talk about repository snapshot manager of qlik sense?

Can you explain more detail please?

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

There is no easy method to swap settings between environments. To your question, you'd need to things here:

1. Read the settings from one environment
  2. Write the settings to a different environment

(1) can be accomplished using a PostgreSQL ODBC driver connection to the PostgreSQL database.

(2) is in no way supported so I cannot recommend a method of accomplishing this. As Martin gestured to, there are ways to accomplish this using the QRS API (https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/3.0/Subsystems/RepositoryServiceAPI/Content/RepositorySe...) . I am by no means fluent in how to do it, but the endpoints seem there.

That being said, it does not pertain to tags / tasks / custom properties, but it does pertain to security rules, there is a Chrome extension (which doesn't look to work on 3.0.x at the moment) which can be used to accomplish this: Qlik Branch definitely check that out / follow up with the Dev there about getting this ported to work with 3.0.x if you're running that version.

herbert88
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi syukyo_zhu

I am using pgAdminIII

C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Repository\PostgreSQL\9.3\bin\pgAdmin3.exe

localhost:4432

username: postgres

password: (used in installation)

3-4-2015 11-01-31 AM.png

You can see all the tables in the Schema option

pastedImage_5.png

Hope this helps you

rbecher
MVP
MVP

This make not much sense since in next version v3.1 PostgreSQL database will be replaced by something else. I rather would start setting up a cluster to replicate things.

Astrato.io Head of R&D