Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sam_Thomas
Creator
Creator

How can I create a bar chart based on the sum of values across multiple fields?

Hi, new to Qliksense, so hoping I can explain my situation well enough. 

I am trying to create a reporting dashboard to give some key figures and KPI's. First of which would be a bar chart that displays the total number of times 'R', 'A' and 'G' appear. However, these values can appear in 7 different fields. 

The data is a survey that is being completed by engineers. They can input R, A or G for several questions. How can I count the total amount of values for these 3 choices and display in a chart (or a better way you might suggest). 

Thanks in advance. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Or
MVP
MVP

Count({<Field1={'R'}  >} Field1) + Count({<Field2={'R'}  >} Field2) + ... + Count({<Field7={'R'}  >} Field7)

Same for the other two options, replacing R with A and G.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Sam_Thomas
Creator
Creator
Author

I imagine 'count' rather than 'sum' would have been a better word to use for the title. 

Or
MVP
MVP

Count({<Field1={'R'}  >} Field1) + Count({<Field2={'R'}  >} Field2) + ... + Count({<Field7={'R'}  >} Field7)

Same for the other two options, replacing R with A and G.

Sam_Thomas
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks. Count didn't actually seem to work for me, but when I changed to SUM it did - probably me not explaining it properly but either way, your solution eventually got me to the right answer! Thanks. 

Or
MVP
MVP

Not sure how you can sum text values - what's the sum of R and G? But I'm glad you got it working!