Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How can I create a story with different filters applied to multiple embedded sheets?

Hi all!

Please forgive me, I'm a beginner! I would like to create a story based off of the sheet below. I want slide 1 to have the 1st filter applied, slide 2 to have 2nd, etc etc. for all 70 "Mll Query" filter options. I can't just take screenshots because the data will be updating frequently, so I need to create embedded sheets that apply specific filters every time. What I am finding is that when a filter is changed, all graphs have the new filter applied to them. Really appreciate any help you can provide!

Best,

Katie

qlik.PNG

4 Replies
eliran
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Katie,

I'm not sure I fully understand your use case, but i'll try.

What you can't do in story (at least for now) :

• apply different filters each time you open a story
  • cycle a specific filter on a sheet inside a story

Taking that into consideration, Story won't help you achieve your goal.

Maybe design a sheet, and print the whole page, after you make selections.

It's not ideal, and very tedious work, but I don't see any other way to achieve what you want.

By the way, in Qlikview, you have the option for a Report, that can do the above, so I hope Qlik will work on that in Sense as well.

BR,

Eliran.

gorterzelf7
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Is there a way to create a report or something like that in QlikSense.

I have a customer, who wants to sent a neat PDF with a nice lay out from QlikSense and no we do not have NPrinting. The reports is based on a filter, so Iwant to filter a customer and then save as PDF and sent the PDF with graphs to the customer, the filter the next customer and save as PDF and email him and so on...

nvijay5757
Creator
Creator

Hi,

Have you got the solution to this problem.

i have the same use case help me thanks.

NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @nvijay5757 

Unfortunately there are some limitations, please refer to the following article:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/How-are-Qlik-Sense-Stories-exported-to-PDF-a...

It is suggested to explore Nprinting as a reporting tool.

Kind Regards. 

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm