Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kristeljoymalapitan

How can I create/relate historical data in qlik sense?

Hi,

Can someone help me on how my data be possible in qlik sense.

we have historical data and need to update the data in qlik sense (with comparison to previous data to new/updated data) every month.

You can view my attached image for reference. I show the flow/movement of the reports per month.

In existing reports using SQL developer, we have script to run monthly to insert previous and updated data on a table for comparison.

Thanks

Labels (2)
6 Replies
mofqlikproject
Contributor
Contributor

try with Incremental load SCD 2

or try with LOOKUP or MAPPING

pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

Hi,

What i understood from your requirement is that you need to have data for the last 4 months including the current months. So in march you need data from dec-jan-feb-march. If this is what you want a simple where clause will do.

Where your_date_field >= monthstart(addmonths(today(),-3)) and your_date_field <= monthend(today());

Learning never stops.
kristeljoymalapitan
Author

Yes, but I need to get also reports from May 2018 - March 2019

May 2018-apr-may-jun-jul-aug-sep-oct-nov-dec-jan 2019-feb-march 2019

I was thinking how can I apply this to Qlik Sense since it was comparison of historical data.

there is only one table that every month it was replaced by the updated/current data (drop create on our existing script using sql) 

Do I need to insert previous data to qlik sense with temporary table? how?

or  there is a job scheduler in qlik sense?

Please help me to think the best way to get positive results

Thanks

pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

IF your data is getting replaced in the source you need to take back up of that. You can use incremental load for this.
Learning never stops.
kristeljoymalapitan
Author

Can you guide me on how to do incremental load?