Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
D19PAL
Creator II
Creator II

How can I open an app with current month selected?

Hi,

How can I open an app with current month selected? (Why are things so long winded in QS).

Or where is the ****** save option on edit sheet? 

I've tried opening two versions in separate browsers, selecting the month in one and then going into the other and saving in script editor (where is save in edit sheet), still doesn't work.  Simple thing, why not add action options like QV.

I've tried bookmarks and it still doesn't work,  I'll activate the bookmark on, save and hope it opens with the bookmark on.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Or
MVP
MVP

It sounds like you've skipped the most important step - setting the bookmark as default. After creating the bookmark, open the bookmark menu, right-click the bookmark, and select "Set as default bookmark".

Note that if you want the selection to be dynamic rather than static (that is, always select the current month), you'll have to make your selection as a formula rather than a static selection:

Open the search box for the field

Type in e.g. =MonthYear=Max(total MonthYear)

Check that the correct value is showing up and press "Enter" (don't select the value using your mouse, use enter on the keyboard). If it isn't showing up correctly, you may need to adjust the formula, formatting, or whatever else, but this is standard Qlik behavior so I'm sure you can get it done.

When you create a bookmark with this selection, confirm that the bookmark shows up with the formula rather than with the static value of Mar-21. That will ensure Qlik applies the *formula* rather than the *value* each time the bookmark is applied.

View solution in original post

20 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

There is no save option. Changes are auto-saved, so it isn't necessary.

Default selections, should you wish to apply them, require designating a default bookmark. I agree it's a lot clunkier than QlikView's triggers and actions, but that's how it works...

D19PAL
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I've tried bookmarks and it still doesn't work.

Or
MVP
MVP

I can confirm, based on over 200 applications using this functionality, that selections using default bookmarks work in Qlik Sense (assuming your version is September 2019 or newer, I believe. I may have the wrong version for when this was introduced).

D19PAL
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Any other ways as the bookmark way isn't working.

D19PAL
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Version 14.5.1 ? Feb 2021

Or
MVP
MVP

There are no other ways I know of, using native functionality. There may be extensions that will let you get this done but I haven't attempted to use any since I've been able to apply default selections using bookmarks for over 200 apps, so I can confirm this works. It sounds like you might want to troubleshoot your app, bookmark, or whatever the problem is, before you explore extensions or other workarounds... but obviously it's your call on how to proceed! Good luck!

D19PAL
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I'm following the videos and it doesn't work for me.

D19PAL
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Does the saving bookmarks only work once the apps Published or does it work while developing on the desktop as i'd like to test it before publishing.

Or
MVP
MVP

Bookmarks created within an unpublished app can be applied as default, and they will be published along with the app, so you can test before you publish.