Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emilinovich
Contributor
Contributor

How can i clear all app's test data and load new production data?

HI.

I've created an app with Qlik Sense desktop that loads data from an test ODBC datasource. Now i want to delete all data and load data form a real ODBC datasource. When i change the datasource and reload data, it seems than old data remains in the app.

Thanks in advance.

8 Replies
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Can you go to the load editor and post the script ?

Not applicable

Did you try the following

Go to Quick Load --> Replace Data option?

Replace Data : Clear all existing data and replace it with the new data. Sheets and visualizations will be preserved, but not work with the new data.

Not applicable

Hello Emilio,

Then i think you haven't clear the old data in your data source. Been that you are not changing data source you have to clear all old data in your data source and upload new data.

Regards

Ema

rdspiess
Contributor
Contributor

I would think going to your live/production ODBC and doing a reload should work ?

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Create ODBC datasource pointing to your production database and change the ODBC connection string in your file and then reload your Dashboard, then you will get the production data in your dashboard.

Regards,

Jagan.

emilinovich
Contributor
Contributor
Author

doesn't work for me because data are in remote server.

emilinovich
Contributor
Contributor
Author

i got it to work!

- delete ODBC connector in app

- load again ODBC

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Please close this thread by giving Correct and Helpful Answers to the useful posts.

Regards,

Jagan.