Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

Announcements
Make your voice heard! Participate in the 2020 Wisdom of Crowds® Survey. BEGIN SURVEY
Highlighted
pradosh_thakur
Honored Contributor II

Re: How can i make a dynamic variable

Hi guys

pfa attached . was trying a few things and got to this . i am able to get the number of count the filter has changed. of course there are some limitation. you will find out once you open the qvw. If possible please build something on top of it and try out something similar to help the OP. I am familiar with Qlikview so tried it in Qlikview. With all of yours help i guess we can easily replicate the final document to Sense.

Regards

Pradosh

Learning never stops.
Highlighted

I was thinking more like the attached

Highlighted
mdmukramali
Valued Contributor III

Hi Sunny,

I was checking the application what expression you have used for vVar?

Highlighted

There is no expression used... it just get incremented by 1 when you select a value in the field. Also, it gets initialized to 0 using an 'On Open' trigger

Highlighted
mdmukramali
Valued Contributor III

Hi Sunny,

found it in Event Triggers:

=RangeSum(vVar, 1)

Nice

Thanks,

Mukram.

Highlighted

One thing strange I am noticing is that if I select SubCategory, nothing happens (which is good), but when I clear SubCategory, the count increases by 1. I wonder how is unselecting SubCategory related to On Select on Category. I would have thought that they are unrelated, but seems like they are not which is a problem.

Highlighted
Partner
Partner

Hi Sunny,

Can we use triggers in Qliksense too ? I am restricted to Qliksense only.

Highlighted

I am sure there is ought to be a Qlik Sense extension which allows you to have triggers, but I am just not the right guy to know about it.... may be someone else can help here