Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How do I access data from multiple Excel sheets from the same file?

Hello,

I am brand new to QlikSense and am trying to use an Excel document with multiple sheets. Let's call these sheets A, B, C, D, and E. Using the quick data load I was able to upload the Excel spreadsheet and I can see from looking at the Data Load Editor that the data from all the different sheets has been loaded. I want to create separate sheets in QlikSense where each sheet references a specific sheet from the Excel spreadsheet. However, when I go to create a new sheet in QlikSense, I am only given the option to show fields from either "A" or "all tables" and from experimenting some I've seen that QlikSense either only uses data from sheet A or aggregates the data from all the different sheets. How can I get QlikSense to only draw from the specific Excel sheets?

Thanks!

2 Replies
r_wroblewski
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Daniel

using "Quick data load" or "Data load editor" when you open an excel file, you will see all available excel sheets from the selected file.

e.g.

testload.PNG

With the simple menu, marked red, you can decide if you want to load all sheets or select only the sheets you want, by setting the hook before pressing "Insert script".

Regards,

Ronny

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you select the "consolidated" data or a selection of sheets you will get a number of LOAD statements in your script. For each LOAD add a line that identifies the particular sheet that the data comes from like this:

2015-06-08 #5.PNG

Lines 20 and 28 has been added by me. Similarly you will have to add one such line to each of your LOAD statements.

Then you can use a Set Expression in your charts to filter out the particular rows for the particular sheet like this:

Sum(  { <Month={'Jan'}> }  N )