Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mpnewbie
Partner - Contributor III

How do I change color of data points based on criteria?

Hi,

Given this data:

Customer

MonthSaleExperience
CustomerA

25Negative
CustomerA215Positive
CustomerA318Positive
CustomerB114Positive
CustomerB216Negative
CustomerB310Positive

I would like to create a line graph with Month on the x-axis, Sale on the y-axis, and Experience determining the color of the data point (red for Negative; green for Positive). Is that possible and if so, how?

Less important, but would it also be possible to have the above with lines for both subjects displaying? I'm know how to get both subjects displaying with Sale by Month, but I need to have Experience visible as well and I will settle for getting Experience data in with only one subject visible at a time.

Thanks in advance!

2 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

In your case all are +ve only what you are trying to do? Perhaps this

If(Sum(Sales)<0, 'Negative', 'Possitive')

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
mpnewbie
Author

What I'm trying to do is get a line graph that plots Month on the x-axis vs Sale on the y-axis, with the color of each data point on the graph being assigned a color based on whether or not the customer had a good or bad experience (Experience column is NOT being derived; I am trying to get that data to be displayed). I know how to create the line graph for Sales by Month, but I would like to know if it is possible to bring the data from the Experience column as well, and if so, how to achieve it.