Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scheibercamo
Contributor III
Contributor III

How do I exclude field names based on associations with other field names?

Within my chart (heat map) I want to use something like this to exclude names from a specific field. In this case, I don't want anything associated with 'Performance' to appear. I used this for a bar chart: 

IF ( [ Managed Section ] ) < > 'Performance' , [ Managed Section ] )  ... in this case, 'Performance' is an element of the 'Managed Section' field. 

Now, what I want to add to this. I don't want any names from a separate field - User Name - that are associated with 'Performance' under Managed Section to appear in a heat map.

How do I create this so that I exclude any rows that are associated with 'Performance'? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can try using a set analysis expression. Suppose you now have an expression sum(Amount). You can change that to sum({<[User Name]=E({<[Managed Section]={'Performance'}>} [User Name])>}Amount) to exclude all User Name values that are associated with records where the field Managed Section contains the value Performance. You'd have to add the new part that was added to the expression to every expression in your chart

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can try using a set analysis expression. Suppose you now have an expression sum(Amount). You can change that to sum({<[User Name]=E({<[Managed Section]={'Performance'}>} [User Name])>}Amount) to exclude all User Name values that are associated with records where the field Managed Section contains the value Performance. You'd have to add the new part that was added to the expression to every expression in your chart

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand