Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How do I fix and install Qlik Sense after a "transaction had to roll back" error

I am having trouble installing Qlik Sense desktop. When I try to install I get the error "The transaction had to roll back. For detailed information see the log file." At this point, I get the same error when I try to uninstall the application through the normal Windows->Control Panel, and have to do a more thorough cleaning using Revo Uninstaller.

My computer meets the minimum requirements for installation, and I do have administrator rights. I have attached a screen shot of the error and the log file that results from an attempted installation. Does anyone have an idea of what is causing the error and what I could do to alleviate it?

Thank You in advance!

2 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Scott - I have seen this a few times and it usually has to do with some specific environmental issue and/or "roaming profiles", can you check the solution outlined in this discussion thread below and let me know how you do?

http://community.qlik.com/message/704545#704545

Open regedit

2. Seach for HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders

3. Change the path in "Personal" entry to a local path, but remember the old path!

4. Now you can install Qlik Sense without an error.

5. Change the path in "Personal" to your old.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, this did not do the trick. I did a full uninstall, edited the registry as you said, and tried again.

Thanks,

Scott