Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tonyiantorno
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

How does one pull Data Tables out of a QVF file?

I have pulled tabled tables out of a QVD file, but I am now needing to pull all the tables out a .qvf file as .txt files.

I have tries using a binary load similiar to what I have done in QlikView using a QVD, but have been unsuccessful using a binary load on a QVF file.

I have managed to write a script that does pull the tables but only half of the tables are being created.

Here is the script;

LOAD

@1

FROM [lib://File path/myapp.qvf]

(txt, codepage is 1252, no labels, delimiter is '\t', msq);

for i = 0 to NoOfTables() -1

Let vTable = TableName(i);

Store '$(vTable)' INTO [lib://File path/'$(vTable).TXT']  (txt, delimiter is '\t');

next

LET j = NoOfTables();

do while j>0

Let vTable = TableName(0);

drop table '$(vTable)';

let j= NoOftables();

Loop

Comments, feedback and solutions greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Tony

6 Replies
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Hi tony - binary load is certainly supported. In Sense you can binary load from QVWs and QVFs.

Some questions:

1) Did you put the binary statement on the first line of the data load editor ?

binary  [lib://File path/myapp.qvf];

2) Does the source have section access applied ?  You can inherit the section access security but of course the adminisrative account running the load needs to be on the S/A list in the source document and its only possible with server.

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

ps: also the 'file path' has to be the name of  folder data connection that you pre-create that is mapped to the location where the QVF is located.

tonyiantorno
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

HI Jonathan,

Yes, I did have the Binary load statement at the beginning of the script, but that did not works. I it only worked after I added the LOAD from statement.

There is no sections access on the source.

My script works but out of the 12 data tables in the QS app, I am only pulling the first 6 data tables and then it stops for some unknown reason.

Tony

tonyiantorno
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Yes, that is correct.

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

i wonder if your technique is having the same problem as the binary load.. there is something that cannot be loaded (one of the tables?)  ...although i cannot think what that could be.

is there any way you can share the source QVF ? or a slimmed down version of it that still results in the problem ?

tonyiantorno
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

With Binary load no txt files where being created, but with the script as posted currently at least it was creating 6 txt files, but for some reason the next 6 were not created.

All tables seem to be excel source type.

Unfortunately I can not share the qvf file.