Qlik Community

Ask a Question

New to Qlik Sense

If you’re new to Qlik Sense, start with this Discussion Board and get up-to-speed quickly.

Announcements
Our next Qlik Insider session will cover new key capabilities. Join us August 11th REGISTER TODAY
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sai_Mohan
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to Compress the entire chart to fit as one single value?

Hi All,

I have a requirement where I need to compress whole chart into single view.

For Example : I have a bar chart, I have dimension as Products and values for that dimension is more than 20.

So, now in my bar chart,  I can see only 10 values but i need atleast 15 -16 values need to be shown in the chart .  

Is it Possible in Qlik Sense?

Can we able to compress the size of the chart and show more values instead of scrolling more?

Thanks in advance!

Sai.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lironbaram
Partner
Partner

hi

regarding the combo chart Compress  in native Qlik object i didn't found a solution other than limiting the number of entities in your dimension and aggregating the tail to other category . 

i saw that Vizlib combo chart support it , you can try them here ,

but in the end Vizlib isn't free for commercial use.

as for sorting the dimension , you can sort your dimension by expression so any type of sorting you want 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
lironbaram
Partner
Partner

hi 

i don't see an option to compress all values in the x-axis in bar chart 

if you use the bar & area chart in the visualization bundle , you can compress all values 

Sai_Mohan
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @lironbaram,

Thanks For Replying!

I am using Combo Chart. Will it work for that ?

One more Doubt, Can we able to sort dimension in combo chart using different column?

For Example: 

Assume my Dim Column name is 'Sales'. I have date column as well.

I need to sort dimension in order to my date column. Earliest dates should be in left and latest date should be in right

Thanks 

Sai.

lironbaram
Partner
Partner

hi

regarding the combo chart Compress  in native Qlik object i didn't found a solution other than limiting the number of entities in your dimension and aggregating the tail to other category . 

i saw that Vizlib combo chart support it , you can try them here ,

but in the end Vizlib isn't free for commercial use.

as for sorting the dimension , you can sort your dimension by expression so any type of sorting you want 

View solution in original post

Sai_Mohan
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @lironbaram ,

Thanks For the reply,

I will work on it

Thanks

Sai