Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

gopikrishnach
Contributor

How to Create a Prompt Page in QlikSense like Cognos

I want to put prompts in Qlik Sense Visualization that if someone opens the report then they can select option from prompts and display data of report according to that prompt selected. This prompt feature i have seen and used in Cognos and i want to know that this facility is also available in Qlik Sense or not.From these prompts in Cognos we can see the data for particular type or period during the Report seeing.

4 Replies
JustinDallas
Valued Contributor II

Re: How to Create a Prompt Page in QlikSense like Cognos

What do you mean by prompt?  Are they going to have to answer a series of questions before they get to their data? 

krishna_2644
Valued Contributor III

When you say prompts - do you mean selections that filter and produce results based on those selections? IF so take a look at this video first and see it in action.

Qlik Sense - Selections that make "Sense"

gopikrishnach
Contributor

No, it's not like selection of data through List Box(Similar to Input Box). In Cognos usually, if we enter any particular value from the field, it will display the chart based upon the input. Please refer the attached example screen shot of Prompt Page in Cognos.

Digvijay_Singh
Honored Contributor III

Not sure but looks like similar to entering values in search of filters or in chart headings..

Capture.PNG

Community Browser