Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to Export Mashup Extension from QlikSense Server

Can one export a mashup extension from QlikSense 3.0 Server ?

And if so then how ?

[Tried asking Google and the Help, but can't find the answer]

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stvegerton
Creator III
Creator III

I do as Ricardo mentioned.

Go to this folder on the server and zip it up. Be careful. Sometimes access to the objects does not cascade down in widows server and you end up with missing folders or files. Here's where mine live on the server.

C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Repository\Extensions

Once you have it zipped up, copy and paste it to your PC in the extensions folder if you want to use desktop outside of windows server.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Ricardo_Gerhard
Employee
Employee

Dear Bill,

What I know and work fine to export a extension on Qlik Sense is compact zip the files on the folder Extension, and import on QMC. Did you try it?

Ricardo Gerhard
OEM Solution Architect
LATAM
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I am trying to export an extension that is already on the QlikSense Server to my local laptop.

stvegerton
Creator III
Creator III

I do as Ricardo mentioned.

Go to this folder on the server and zip it up. Be careful. Sometimes access to the objects does not cascade down in widows server and you end up with missing folders or files. Here's where mine live on the server.

C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Repository\Extensions

Once you have it zipped up, copy and paste it to your PC in the extensions folder if you want to use desktop outside of windows server.

Ricardo_Gerhard
Employee
Employee

Qlik Sense Desktop doesn´t have a QMC to access and import the extension.

Anyway, either exists, should be a direct connection on the internal database and inserting manually (I never tried, but...)

Take a look it: Qlik Sense – Using Extensions with Sense Desktop & Introduction to Qlik Branch - YouTube

Ricardo Gerhard
OEM Solution Architect
LATAM
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Steve

Great - Thanks.

Found the extensions on the QlikSense Server in folder C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Repository\Extensions as you suggested.

Now I know where they are, getting the one I am after off the server and onto my laptop is dead easy.