Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nicolas_martin
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

How to add another expression as text on a bar-chart?

Hello,

In QV, I used to add some information as text on bar charts.

Eg:

2015-01-21_091643.png

Is there a way to do the same thing with QlikSense?

I only succeed to display the value of the bar, not another expression (even if I use a "dual" expression).

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

Hi Nicolas,

Sorry I misunderstood your original post.  Currently what you are describing is not a feature of Qlik Sense.  We are working to continuously improve Qlik Sense (there will be 3 feature releases every year).  You also may want to check out Qlik Branch to see if anyone has created an extension with this functionality.

-Josh

Qlik

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

Hi Nicolas,

Take a look under Appearance->Presentation for "Show labels on data points".  One thing to note is Qlik Sense uses responsive design so if you do not have enough space to show the labels, they will be automatically remove to avoid clutter.  When you expand the chart or use a larger screen the labels will automatically appear.

-Josh

Qlik

nicolas_martin
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

The option "Show labels on data points" will display the value used to define the bar width.

I would like to display something else.

In my snapshot, the values are "14.3%", "9.4%", "8.3%", ... But instead of showing only this value, I want to show "14.3 (based on 13 157 values)", 9.4% (based on8 607 values)", ...

In QlikView, I use

dual([expression to be displayed on data point], [expression to define the bar width])

but it doesn't work on QlikSense.

Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

Hi Nicolas,

Sorry I misunderstood your original post.  Currently what you are describing is not a feature of Qlik Sense.  We are working to continuously improve Qlik Sense (there will be 3 feature releases every year).  You also may want to check out Qlik Branch to see if anyone has created an extension with this functionality.

-Josh

Qlik

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have the same requirement now in my project. I need to add  another expression  as text on a  bar chart. Any new feature  is added in Qlik sense or any extension  is available ?

Thanks in advance.