Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to add another table to an already created app

I have fixed date sorting (by clicking around not being a genius). How to add another table to an already created app that I have or do i need to use this as the platform for anything I build? Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

HI AAron, I branched your discussion from the previous one, since this was a new question.

If it is file based data - you can use the Quick Data Load interface - and select Add Data - this will allow you to navigate to the folder where the file based data sits and allow you to bring it in. If there are any common field names that are linked to the other data - they will be linked automatically. If they are the same data, but named differently - make sure to rename the column in the additional data set to match the appropriate field you wish to link on.

If it is not file data and perhaps database or other data, you can use the data load editor and create a new script tab and a new connection to the appropriate data source.

These videos will help:

New to Qlik Sense Videos

Qlik Sense Desktop - Using Quick Data Load (video)

Data Load Editor - Loading ODBC Data (video)

Data Load Editor - Loading OLE DB Data (video)

Data Load Editor Walkthrough (video)

Hope this is helpful.

Please let us know that your question was answered to your satisfaction, by marking the discussion thread appropriately.

Regards,

Mike

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

HI AAron, I branched your discussion from the previous one, since this was a new question.

If it is file based data - you can use the Quick Data Load interface - and select Add Data - this will allow you to navigate to the folder where the file based data sits and allow you to bring it in. If there are any common field names that are linked to the other data - they will be linked automatically. If they are the same data, but named differently - make sure to rename the column in the additional data set to match the appropriate field you wish to link on.

If it is not file data and perhaps database or other data, you can use the data load editor and create a new script tab and a new connection to the appropriate data source.

These videos will help:

New to Qlik Sense Videos

Qlik Sense Desktop - Using Quick Data Load (video)

Data Load Editor - Loading ODBC Data (video)

Data Load Editor - Loading OLE DB Data (video)

Data Load Editor Walkthrough (video)

Hope this is helpful.

Please let us know that your question was answered to your satisfaction, by marking the discussion thread appropriately.

Regards,

Mike

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik