Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to add column in pivot table

I need add  a column after 02, named (total actual, total budget, total gap) to show total number of Actual (actual01+actual02) , total number of Budget (Budget01+Budget02) and total number of Gap (Gap01+Gap02)

How can i come true this? Thanks.

2.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

You can add an extra field to your data model for the dimension (Group Name?) whose data values are on the top showing 01 , 02 etc... as dimension values.

Open the data load editor and do something like the following to create the new field:

//this will associate all groups with themselves.

Table:

Load

[Group Name],

[Group Name] as [Group Name with Totals]

resident <>

//this will ALSO associate all groups with a new value called Total. So the measures will show totals for all values

concatenate (Table)

Load

[Group Name],

'Total' as [Group Name with Totals]

resident <>

Then add [Group Name with Totals] to the chart to replace Group Name.

It should open up a new column.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I recommend you rather use the table chart and specify 9 expressions or use the SmartReporting extension found on branch.qlik.com

http://branch.qlik.com/projects/showthread.php?609-SmartReporting&highlight=smart

karthikeyan1504
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

There is no feature in qlik sense to add the total column at right most.

You can create two more expressions but it will show near 01 & 02.

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Batter,

The only way to create this is to add an other dimension value to the the set of 01,02 and totals(new field) and this new field total displays 3 other colums like the total actuals, total budget and total gap which are based on the calculations you needed.

Or go with a custom visualization which provides the totals row wise.

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

You can add an extra field to your data model for the dimension (Group Name?) whose data values are on the top showing 01 , 02 etc... as dimension values.

Open the data load editor and do something like the following to create the new field:

//this will associate all groups with themselves.

Table:

Load

[Group Name],

[Group Name] as [Group Name with Totals]

resident <>

//this will ALSO associate all groups with a new value called Total. So the measures will show totals for all values

concatenate (Table)

Load

[Group Name],

'Total' as [Group Name with Totals]

resident <>

Then add [Group Name with Totals] to the chart to replace Group Name.

It should open up a new column.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks very much, it works. But when I change the select of the month the total value will not change, right?

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

The total (like everything else) should be filtered down to whatever current selections you have

Not applicable
Author

Got it. Thanks. It changes now then I selected some months.