Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to add lineal trend in Qlik sense

I would like to know how to add a lineal trend in a graph in Qlik Sense. Or an average trend also.

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

See attached .QVF - copy to: C:\Users\<user profile>\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Apps, restart Sense or press F5 - in the hub after copying if Sense is open. Launch the Trend app.

Please let me know if this is what you are after.

The expression below needs to be used and calculated as a new measure in combination with a combo chart:

linest_m(total aggr(if(sum(Sales),sum(Sales)),OrderDate),OrderDate)*

only({1}OrderDate)+linest_b(total aggr(if(sum(Sales),sum(Sales)),OrderDate),OrderDate)

8-17-2014 8-40-00 PM.png

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik

View solution in original post

32 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Mudito -

Let me see what we can do. I believe in this version, that capability does NOT exist yet out of the box and may need to be calculated as an additional measure.

The suggestion I provided earlier (reference lines) - is only for Horizontal and Vertical lines - associated with values you define or calculate - which is different than a lineal trend line.

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Thank you. My doubt is about the expression I should use if I have a monthly series of volumes for instance.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

See attached .QVF - copy to: C:\Users\<user profile>\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Apps, restart Sense or press F5 - in the hub after copying if Sense is open. Launch the Trend app.

Please let me know if this is what you are after.

The expression below needs to be used and calculated as a new measure in combination with a combo chart:

linest_m(total aggr(if(sum(Sales),sum(Sales)),OrderDate),OrderDate)*

only({1}OrderDate)+linest_b(total aggr(if(sum(Sales),sum(Sales)),OrderDate),OrderDate)

8-17-2014 8-40-00 PM.png

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

I updated my post and the attachment - here is the correct one.

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Thank you so much!

For further versions, it would be useful if they put the trend line as an option to include in graphs.

Also in combined graphs it would be useful to be able to show measures in graph (right now it does not seem possible).

Thank you.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Awesome - glad I could help. There are a lot of improvements that will be added to all the charts in Sense, gradually added overtime,  this is just the beginning for Sense but not for Qlik.

Note that in the QlikView product - this capability (trend lines) is built in to the chart object properties panel. Keeping in mind that Sense and QlikView are two different products, that address similar and different types of business needs.

Here is the screenshot of the QlikView chart interface as a reference:

8-18-2014 6-52-07 AM.png

Stay in touch

Mike

@mtarallo

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Great! Thanks a lot!

Not applicable
Author

I understand the use of the linest_* functions, but why is ONLY() necessary? Also, is there a way to align the Y axes of Trend and Total Sales? To the unaware, the separate alignments may cause confusion.

Thanks for a great answer to the OP.'s question.

jonbmorrison
Contributor III
Contributor III

Mike

Its been 2 years since this thread was posted - As you said Sense has come a long way in those 2 years - but as of 3.0 I still don't see this feature.   I hear 3.0 r1 just was released and will look in notes to see if its there but if not (and I suspect not) is this on the radar for 2016?

Thanks