cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mundaval
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

How to add lines or arrows in Donuts chart to point data labels

Can anyone please help me in adding arrows or lines to the Donut Chart? 

for Example: 

I have three 3 Dimensions in the Donut Chart and I want to use arrow or lines to point the labels. 

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Rodj
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

The Qlik Sense pie / donut chart will put a line tying the label to the segment automatically where it interprets the labels / segments as being too overcrowded and hence the line is needed. Otherwise it won't do it. I assumed, perhaps incorrectly, that you wanted to put lines/arrows in regardless. I don't have access to nPrinting at the moment to test this but the standard Qlik objects are typically rendered faithfully so I believe that you will see the presentation you are after.

Cheers,

Rod

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Rodj
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi @mundaval ,

I'm not sure there is a good way to do this with the standard pie chart object. You can put a symbol in the dimension value itself by appending it before or after the actual dimension value, e.g.:

=Chr(8592) & MyDimension

but if the user spins the pie/donut around or the dimension value appears on the wrong side then the arrow will be facing the wrong direction.

This is typically something people only want / need to do if there are many dimension values and in that case a Treemap might be a better visualisation option.

Cheers,

Rod

Rodj
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I should also have said that there are extensions that do what you want. Vizlib (I'm not affiliated with them in any way) have a nice one that does it.

mundaval
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thanks for your suggestion. I can spin that Donuts and see the lines.

I want those lines to reflect in N Printing Reports. 

Please find attached file. 

Let me know how if you have any recommendations on how to reflect those lines in N Pritning. Your suggestion is greatly appreciated. 

Thank You!

Rodj
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

The Qlik Sense pie / donut chart will put a line tying the label to the segment automatically where it interprets the labels / segments as being too overcrowded and hence the line is needed. Otherwise it won't do it. I assumed, perhaps incorrectly, that you wanted to put lines/arrows in regardless. I don't have access to nPrinting at the moment to test this but the standard Qlik objects are typically rendered faithfully so I believe that you will see the presentation you are after.

Cheers,

Rod

mundaval
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

I have less segments and I guess that's the reason its not showing up. Thank you for helping me out. 

Rodj
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

No problem 🙂

The responsive design approach that Qlik adopted in building Qlik Sense is generally pretty clever in sticking to a set of principal design ideas, such as not showing unnecessary "ink" when it's not needed, only showing labels when there's enough space and they don't overlap (except for reference lines) and generally finding ways to make sure that the visualisation is still readable / useful depending on how it's presented with different screen ratio's / sizes.