Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

neel1991
New Contributor

How to add two type of geolocation into one in Map

Hello,

I am doing one project where I want to display, two type of gelocation relation with two different color such as

Crime happened in Baltimore area with CCTV installation geolocation. I have both geolocation i.e. Crime_geolocation and CCTV_geolocation in two different .csv file.

But in Qlik Sense, I am not getting option to add two different geolocation into one Map.

Could you please guide me.

Regards,

Neel

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jaimeaguilar
Valued Contributor II

Re: How to add two type of geolocation into one in Map

Hi,

if you mean adding 2 layers to a single map, then... that is not possible with the native map included in Qlik Sense. It has a limitation of a single layer (points or area).

If you want to add more layers to a single maps, or doing geographic analytics then I'll recommend GeoAnalytics which is a set of Qlik tools (extensions, connectors, geocalculation engine), but you need an additional license in order to use it.

A workaround without having to purchase GeoAnalytics license could be to create 2 separate maps each one with the different layers you need to display (Crime geolocation & CCTV),

hope this helps,

best regards

2 Replies
jaimeaguilar
Valued Contributor II

Hi,

if you mean adding 2 layers to a single map, then... that is not possible with the native map included in Qlik Sense. It has a limitation of a single layer (points or area).

If you want to add more layers to a single maps, or doing geographic analytics then I'll recommend GeoAnalytics which is a set of Qlik tools (extensions, connectors, geocalculation engine), but you need an additional license in order to use it.

A workaround without having to purchase GeoAnalytics license could be to create 2 separate maps each one with the different layers you need to display (Crime geolocation & CCTV),

hope this helps,

best regards

neel1991
New Contributor

Thank you Jaime for your suggestion. I will look into it.

Happy Thanks Giving !!