Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to append data to already existing table in Qlik Sense Desktop

Hi

I'm struggling with following requirement. Can anyone help on this

1. There are 96 csv files with same columns data for one day.

2. Initially i have loaded 90 csv files data to X table using script in data load editor

3. Now i want to append data of 91st csv file to 96th csv fie to already existing table 'X' which already posses data of 1st csv file to 90th csv file.

Can anyone help on this.

Thanks for support.

Suresh Cholleti

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

If the field names are the same, continue to load the additional files and they should auto concatenate to X

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

If the field names are the same, continue to load the additional files and they should auto concatenate to X

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

Thanks for the revert.

But here we have one more issue,

Fields names are same, but file names from which Field names should be extracted are different.

Sample Filenames :

vLteERabStatsCsv_26062018_0215_0230

vLteERabStatsCsv_26062018_0200_0215

Currently I'm using,

ERAB:

LOAD *

FROM [lib://Data/NMS16/vLteERabStatsCsv*.csv]

(txt, codepage is 28592, embedded labels, delimiter is ',', msq)

Where MATCH([BSName],'CloudsAV1K','Clouds Corridore AV500');

& we can do like this also

ERAB:

LOAD *

FROM [lib://Data/NMS16/vLteERabStatsCsv_25062018*.csv]

(txt, codepage is 28592, embedded labels, delimiter is ',', msq)

Where MATCH([BSName],'CloudsAV1K','Clouds Corridore AV500');

But here, I need change File name manually multiple times.. whenever i load script.

Is there any other way to go ahead with this??

Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

What is the logic to define the field name ?  Wildcards will work, but if this is regularly changing and you don't want to reload old files, you can store older values in QVD files and use incremental loads for newer data.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

"If the field names are the same, continue to load the additional files and they should auto concatenate to X"

Its not happening like that, when i change Load file from this vLteERabStatsCsv_25062018*, its adding only 25th data to X table & deleting 1 to 24 th data..

Can u check & let me know.. How to overcome this?

Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

Every time you do a reload, it will load all the data, so if you change the name you replace the previous data.

If the names are very different do multiple load statements and they will autoconcatenate together.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I'm not changing the table name or Fields which i selected. Just changing

File Name

FROM [lib://Data/NMS16/vLteERabStatsCsv_26062018*.csv].. and all Fields Table data remain constant all the time.

I want to append 26th Fields data to already existing (1 to 25th) data - table.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Names are same, but if i use multiple load statements then its taking more run time approx 26 minutes to run for entire june month data.. & each day consists of 96 csv files.. where Field names always remain constant for all files.

Juz there change in Date and time thats it..

So i want to reduce run time. How can i go through it?