Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to automatically load new data to QVD file

I have some text files that they get updated automatically daily by some software export function.  I have set up some QVD files to load data from those text files, what do I need to do (I am new to QlikSense), so that the QVD file can be updated automatically with the new data? 

4 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Depends on what you mean with 'automatically' and 'updated with new data' (only new records, or also deleted and changed?). And what you want to do with the QVD.

Maybe have a look at

Buffer ‒ QlikView

OmarBenSalem

Please refer to these 2 threads :

You'll find valuable details:

Help me duplicate data on reload

Script Process Question

Not applicable
Author

I don't realise it will be different treatment for different situation of changes.

I want to set up individual QVD for each dimension, e.g. Month, Year, Company, Country, Products etc, so those dimensions will only be new and updated records.

(Please let me know if my approach is bad)

Then I want to set up more QVDs for facts/measures, e.g. list of all investments (by Month, Year, Company, Investments ID, etc), list of sales (by Month, Year, Company, Sales ID, Products), so those records can be new, updated and deleted.

At the moment, the export text files don't have any date stamp in the file (it can be added if needed).

Then, I want to create an apps to load data from those QVDs.

I am hoping I can build the QVDs to update all the new, updated, or deleted data automatically (or at certain time), so that the apps can use the latest data.

Phyllis

swuehl
MVP
MVP

The general approach is described e.g. in

Using QVD files for incremental load ‒ Qlik Sense

You can also use e.g. a library like QVC