Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
t_raj
Contributor
Contributor

How to check SQL queries behind Sheets

Hallo, 

I am new to Qlik View.

I am working on a project. On Qlik view, I am seeing 5/6 different sheets. On each sheets i am seeing data in Tabular format. I want to see how my data is coming to qlik view. Like which SQL Queries are sent to database? So i can see what data is coming, from which tables and columns data coming? I want to see SQL Scripts which are responsible  for data which are coming to different sheets.

It will be big help. 

Thank you

Labels (1)
3 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

Unfortunately, what you're looking for doesn't exist. There is no SQL behind individual objects or sheets in Qlik. Rather, there is a data model and then all of the objects draw from this data model.

You can view the data model by using either Data Manager or Data Load Editor, depending on how it was set up. Note that this will only get you the base data load, and it is quite likely there is additional logic / calculations contained within master items (dimension, expressions) and quite possibly within the fields of individual sheet objects.

t_raj
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you for your Quick response.

So, you are saying there is no way, i can see which SQL queries are sent to database to fill qlikview sheet with data? 

And just to be clear. I am working on Qlik View not on Qlik Senses. 

Here, On Qlik View I am not able to find data manager or data load editor. If you know where can see these both in qlik view. 

Thank you

Or
MVP
MVP

In QlikView, this is in "Edit Script" under the file menu (or CTRL+E as a keyboard shortcut). There are no master items, so all the additional front-end logic will be within the objects themselves.

There is no direct SQL behind a Qlik object. Individual objects do not query the database.