Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skate101
Contributor
Contributor

How to compare sales data for 2 select months.

Hello,

I have some monthly sales data since 2010 and wanted to create a dashboard where a user can compare 2 separate YearMonth sales by using 2 different dropdowns/filters. These 2 months can be anything eg Jan-2013 vs March-2019 etc etc. After applying the 2 filters a user should see a bar chart having the sales of the 2 compared months and an addition KPI chart which contains the difference of the values based on the filter 1. I have the Year.autoCalender.YearMonth that can be used if required. A sample of what I have in mind is shown below.

Please let me know if you require any further information.

Thank you

skate101_0-1589234884325.png

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
raji6763
Creator II
Creator II

i have tried your problem.please find the attached solution

solutionalternate states.png

View solution in original post

4 Replies
raji6763
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Skate,

please find attached Solution.

Here is the solution for your Query.We can achieve your problem with Alternate States.

If you want to perform comparative analysis you can use alternate states in QlikSenseAlternate states allow you to make different selections on the same dimension, and compare the selections in a single visualization or in two or more visualizations side by side.

Regards,

raji

raji6763
Creator II
Creator II

i have tried your problem.please find the attached solution

solutionalternate states.png

skate101
Contributor
Contributor
Author

This is exactly what I wanted, thank you very much Raji.

Test101
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Raji,

Can we perform this task in a similar way but with only 1 filter where the data gets automatically compared to 12 months ago data ? eg if I select 2016 jan+feb data gets compared to 205 jan+feb etc ?