Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
msfarooq87
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to connect Google maps with Qlik map

Hello Qlik Community,

I am working on data regarding Fault occurrences in multiple cities trying to insert them on geographic map. I have the city available in separate column using which I have mapped the cities and the darkness of color shows the count of faults occurring. Now I want to take it to next level and map the areas in a particular city with respect to fault occurrences. The address is searchable in Google maps and provides a pinpoint location. Kindly guide me how can I use this address field and mark the points on map using addresses.Address.PNG

Following are the results from Google maps first 3 addresses visible in the above data.

3M address.PNG

Lahore address.PNG

Tasneem Plaza address.PNG

My map on Qlik is shown below with cities and I want to create Area layer using above process of identifying the addresses just like Google map.

map layer.PNG

The below map shows the areas of one of the cities with Maximum counts which I need to work on

areas.PNG

3 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Maybe this extension on Qlik Branch is something you could use:

GoogleMapsAPIv3Toolkit-QS:   Qlik Branch

msfarooq87
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello Petter,

Thanks. Let me check this.

Ivan_Bozov
Luminary
Luminary

Qlik GeoAnalytics should support geocoding (converting addresses into geographic coordinates). With Qlik Sense you would need to get the Longitude and Latitude of the locations and load them to your existing set of data. You can use any tool for batch geocoding, e.g. https://geocode.localfocus.nl/

vizmind.eu