cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to connect Qlik Sense serverwith accdb

Hi everyone.

I've been facing some problems when trying to connect Qlik Sense Server with MS Access database (accdb).

When I try to create this connection in Sense Server, the ODBC option gives me nothing as you can see in the image below:

ODBC.PNG

... and when I try to connect using OLEDB, choosing the Microsoft Jet option, it doesnt work either. Here, i receive the message that the connection test failed, but no much more details about. I tried choosing diferent kinds of providers, but again with no success.

OLEDB.PNG

Any thoughts about that? Any help is appreciated.

Many thanks,

Fernando

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Any thoughts?

rohitk1609
Master
Master

Hi Fer Nando,

What you need to so , First download and install the Microsoft access river in your machine and then go to administrator tools and create a system DSN and check that connection is working fine or not.

Then go to the same window which you have in you snapshot you will find the same connection name here in DSN. Select it and you can access then DB with no issues.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Rohit Kumar

rohitk1609
Master
Master

Oi Fer Nando,
O que você precisa Então, primeiro baixe e instale o acesso ao rio Microsoft em sua máquina e, em seguida, ir para ferramentas de administrador e criar um DSN do sistema e verifique a conexão está funcionando bem ou não.

Em seguida, ir para a mesma janela que você tem em você instantâneo que você vai encontrar o mesmo nome de conexão aqui em DSN. Selecione-o e, em seguida, você pode acessar DB sem problemas.

Por favor, marque as respostas apropriadas como correto / útil para que a nossa equipe e outros membros saber que a sua pergunta (s) foi respondida a sua satisfação.

rohitk1609
Master
Master

Can you please ask your question in more detail ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Really appreciate your help, Rohit!

I'll try doing so. By now, i have another question, if not asking too much of you:

is there a way of doing it using OLE DB instead of ODBC?

Thanks again!

rohitk1609
Master
Master

Hi Fer nando ,

You just need to select OLEDB  in Qlik Sense rather than ODBC simple and when selecting OLEDB , just select your created connection name and access it .

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Rohit Kumar