Kirsten
Creator II
Creator II

How to connect tables without recommended associations in datamanager

See attachment.

I currently don't have a load script but a  Binary load

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can't use the Data Manager on tables that are not created with the Data Manager. If you use a binary load then you have two options:

1. Fix the data model in the original app so that when you binary load from it you get a correct data model in your new app.

2. Use the data load editor to rename fields to link the tables. Tables will be linked using the field names that the tables have in common.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Kirsten
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi @Gysbert_Wassenaar 

Thanks for letting me know.  My current dashboard already shows the connections in data model viewer like in the attachment first image, but thought I also needed to create the connections in data manager, since they are disconnected (see second image in the attachment) I think tables are already joined in the app since this qvw file is from a working dashboard.

If I still indeed need to connect tables in data manager, through then data load editor, what should this script look like since I don't have a load script. The only script I have  in data load editor is this: BINARY [lib://MR Dashboard 1 (code1_310155074)];