Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to connect to Salesforce from Qlik Sense?

New to Qlik and just downloaded the app, and trying to see if I can connect to SF. There is no standard driver available as far as I can see. Do I need to install a third-party connector? Which? Is that something that will be available in the future releases out of the box?

Thanks!

Oleg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Hey,
This is still being worked on.

However if you have QlikView 11 and the SFDC connector installed you should be able to copy paste the same script into Qlik Sense.

Then copy the SalesForceDLL.dll from C:\ProgramFiles\Common Files\QlikTech\Custom Data into C:\ProgramFiles\Common Files\Qlik\Custom Data

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Hey,
This is still being worked on.

However if you have QlikView 11 and the SFDC connector installed you should be able to copy paste the same script into Qlik Sense.

Then copy the SalesForceDLL.dll from C:\ProgramFiles\Common Files\QlikTech\Custom Data into C:\ProgramFiles\Common Files\Qlik\Custom Data

Not applicable
Author

Thank you, Alexander. Will try.

Oleg

Not applicable
Author

Alexander, I found the SalesForceDLL.dll in my Q.V. install, but my QlikSense is installed on a different machine running Windows 8, and I don't see the path you posted previously. Q.S. executable is in "C:\Users\OB\AppData\Local\Programs\Qlik\Sense". There is no "Common Data" folder. I tried creating one inside the "Sense" folder and placing the DLL there, restarted the app, hoping it'll see the dll, but no luck. There is no Qlik folder at all in "C:\Program Files\Common Files". I only see "System", "Services" and "microsoft shared". Where are custom connectors supposed to "live" under the win 8 structure in Q.S.?

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Oleg

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Sorry for the late reply, I had to set up a windows 8.1 installation to test it.

1. Install Qlik Sense

2. Install the QV11 64-bit SFDC Connector if you did not have it previously installed.

3. Create these folders: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Qlik\Custom Data

4. Copy the SalesForceDLL.dll from C:\Program Files\Common Files\QlikTech\Custom Data into the folder you created in step 3.

(4,5. If you do not have a SalesForceDLL.dll file in C:\Program Files\Common Files\QlikTech\Custom Data repeat step 2.)

5. Copy a working CUSTOM CONNECT statement from a QV11 app.

6. Write your load script.

7. Load that sweet data out of SFDC

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, Alexander!

Will try this today. One question - I wanted to re-run the install on my win 8 machine, but can't seem to find the actual download link for the Sf connector. I get to this page: Salesforce - Business intelligence (BI) Solution | Qlik, but I don't see the link. On the "Related resources" section there are 3 PDF's for download, but no installer. What am I missing? Is there a direct link?

Much appreciated!

Oleg

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Try this link: http://demo.qlik.com/download/

Or click the Free Download banner on www.qlik.com and then choose QlikView Personal Download which should re-direct you to the QlikView download site.

The SFDC connector is listed under the Connectors section.

Not applicable
Author

Tanks, Alexander. This was helpful.

I was able to install , configure and pull the data. Just as an FYI - you should really talk to your webmasters about re-designing the site so it's easier to find things. Organizing it in logical manner would benefit the new customers you guys will hopefully gain by releasing Sense... One shouldn't have to jump through 5 unlikely places to find something that fits a well-defined category - "Connectors".. Otherwise, Sense looks promising! Keep that up.   

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Ah, yes. The "Free Download" is a little misleading for QlikView.

However once we launch more connectors and the server edition of Sense there will be a more intuitive grouping of downloads for the product.

Right now it's a workaround, the SFDC connector for Sense will ship with a similar interface as the odbc and oledb connectors so you don't have to type of the script by hand.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I am also very new to Qlik view and exploring to check the integration with Salesforce.

Can you please suggest the exact syntax for Custom connect to .

As when I am using the same with Qlik Sense Desktop like :

Custom Connect to "Provider=SalesForceDll.dll;UserId=xxxxx;Password=XXXXX"

The following error is coming :

CONNECTs other than LIB CONNECT are not available in this script mode: Custom Connect To

Not able to resolve.

Any help will be appriciated.

Regards

Kausik