Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

If you’re new to Qlik Sense, start with this Discussion Board and get up-to-speed quickly.

Announcements
QlikWorld 2022, LIVE in Denver CO., May 16-19, 2022. REGISTER NOW TO RECEIVE EARLY BIRD PRICING
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jgreen95
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to count values in a table where 2 fields are equal

I have a table where basically we take a snapshot of a work stack every week, in the table i have the weekend ending date the snapshot was taken and then the date the piece of work came in (this is linked to a master calendar with week ending dates)

I am trying to use the below formula to count the number of new in.

END_OF_WEEK = mater calendar end of  week value for when the work came in

WEEKENDING_DATE = the week ending date that the snapshot of the work stack was taken.

COUNT({<END_OF_WEEK = WEEKENDING_DATE>} NOTICE_NUMBER)

Labels (1)
4 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Perhaps this?

COUNT({<END_OF_WEEK = {"=END_OF_WEEK =WEEKENDING_DATE"}>} NOTICE_NUMBER)

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
jgreen95
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

That only seems to have given me the most recent weeks value, not the total that I can then split out by week to see new pieces of work for each week.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Check this

COUNT({<Your_Primary_Key_Field= {"=END_OF_WEEK =WEEKENDING_DATE"}>} NOTICE_NUMBER)

Or

COUNT({<NOTICE_NUMBER = {"=END_OF_WEEK =WEEKENDING_DATE"}>} NOTICE_NUMBER)

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
jgreen95
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

That is now returning a number for every week but they are far too low so it must be missing some for some reason