Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

william_wright
New Contributor

How to create 4 straight table charts that seperate stores into quartiles based on GP%

Can I use the dimension limitation function to create 4 seperate straight table charts ranking stores based on their GP%'s with each straight table containing 16 stores? The first table would include highed 16, next would include 17-32, the next would include 33-48, and the last would include the bottom 16.

10 Replies
zebhashmi
Valued Contributor

Re: How to create 4 straight table charts that seperate stores into quartiles based on GP%

if you are looking within a table you can use Class() for that

for a different table, you can use set analysis on a dimension

OmarBenSalem
Esteemed Contributor

Re: How to create 4 straight table charts that seperate stores into quartiles based on GP%

Use the rank() function:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/November2017/Subsystems/Client/Content/ChartFunctions/RankingFu...

Exp of use:

Table1: first 16

dimension: YourDim

Measure: sum({<YourDim={"=rank(sum({<YourDim>}YourMeasure),YourDim)<=16"}>}YourMeasure)

Table2: btwn 17-32

Measure: sum({<YourDim={"=rank(sum({<YourDim>}YourMeasure),YourDim)>=17"}>

<YourDim={"=rank(sum({<YourDim>}YourMeasure),YourDim)<=17"}>

}YourMeasure)

Table3: btwn 33-48

Measure: sum({<YourDim={"=rank(sum({<YourDim>}YourMeasure),YourDim)>=33"}>

<YourDim={"=rank(sum({<YourDim>}YourMeasure),YourDim)<=48"}>

}YourMeasure)

Table1: >48

Measure: sum({<YourDim={"=rank(sum({<YourDim>}YourDim),YourDim)>48}>}YourMeasure)

william_wright
New Contributor

I used the dimension limitation to calc the top 16 and then tried the following code:

sum({<A277_DEAL_LOCN={"=rank(sum({<A277_DEAL_LOCN>}A277_DEAL_LOCN),A277_DEAL_LOCN)<=16"}>}vNewFSGP%YTD)

The second table didn't return any results.

Could this be because I'm using a variable as a measure?

OmarBenSalem
Esteemed Contributor

my bad !!

it's

sum({<A277_DEAL_LOCN={"=rank(sum({<A277_DEAL_LOCN>}vNewFSGP%YTD),A277_DEAL_LOCN)<=16"}>}vNewFSGP%YTD)

william_wright
New Contributor

I've entered the code as specified but I'm not returning any data in my table.

OmarBenSalem
Esteemed Contributor

If It does work, please close the thread by marking the correct answer as correct @william.wright

william_wright
New Contributor

It's not returning any data

OmarBenSalem
Esteemed Contributor

It's working for me.

Can u post an image of what u've done and maybe the dimension and measures ure using?

william_wright
New Contributor

could it possibly be because I am using a variable I created to calc the GP% (vNewFSGPYTD)?

would this require a different syntax?

Community Browser